ASISP program supports AS4E and AS3E in-circuit AVR programmers and works under Windows XP/7/8.1/10 operating systems, 32- and 64-bit versions as well as under Linux operating system with Wine.
Unlike regular programming shells ASISP program includes such advanced features as direct modification of the Flash and EEPROM area content and the batch programming procedure with auto-increment of the 4-bytes memory field which keeps the serial number of the programming device. In additional the log file with the programming process report can be generated.
ASISP Program can be launched from Atmel Studio 7.
ASISP Main Window, Extended View
- The hex-file area is extended
- Serial number area is increased by 1
- Some content of EEPROM area is modified (the same can be done with Flash memory area)
COM-port Number and Interface Speed Setting
- Low speed option recommended if an old model computer used
ASISP Project Settings Window
- The SCK Setting pop-down menu is open
- The Reset strobe length can be changed from the range of 20 ms to 1000 ms
- The programming process is tuned for the following steps:
- Erasing microcontroller
- Checking if it is clear
- The Flash memory buffer content updating after the last project compilation
- Fuse bits programming
- Flash memory programming + verifying
- EEPROM programming + verifying
- Serial number field in EEPROM incrementing
- Fuse bits and Lock bits programming
All the project options are saved into the project file for the next programing session
Lock and Fuse Bits setting for auto-program mode Window
To Open Flash Memory at a Specific Address
To Select and Open File to Load
A Window To Input Load Address
ASISP Program Launch from Command Line
Note, clock.as2 is the name of the project file mentioned in previous window description.
To Add a Launch Lines for ASISP.EXE Program into Atmel Studio 7 Menu
– In Tools Menu in Atmel Studio Main Window choose External Tools…:
The window External Tools is to appear:
– Fill the field Title and press Add button
– In the field Command show the direction to asisp.exe program:
– Press OK.
You can add one more configuration to call for ASISP program if desire:
Fill the field Title and press Add button
– In the field Command give directions to asisp.exe program
– In the field Initial directory give directions to the project file:
– Press OK.
As a result there will be two new lines in External Tools menu in Atmel Studio main window:
ASISP Program can be downloaded from here